"Island Truss has been providing my construction company with high quality trusses for the past 18 years. Their workmanship has been very good, on time, and on budget. They have a great team ready to build the custom truss designs to meet the unique custom homes we build in the Campbell River area and local region. A. Rippingales Contracting Ltd., looks forward to future projects."Andrew Rippingale - Owner A. Rippingales Contracting Ltd.
Thank you for your interest in working with us at Island Truss. Please click on the email link below the position you’re applying for and attach your resume in a Word Document for consideration. We offer a competitive wage and compensation package and are currently looking to fill the following positions:
The successful candidate will be assisting in the design of roof and floor systems using wood trusses, I-Joists, and pre-engineered wood beams for residential, and commercial construction. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience preparing drawings for manufacturing.
Job duties include:
– working directly with the Sales Manager in providing required floor and roof layouts to existing and potential customers.
– developing and preparing engineering designs and drawings from completed blueprints or preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data. Co-ordinate required engineered details for customer through independent Engineering firm.
– analyzing building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports.
– prepare layouts in Mitek
– AutoCAD experience considered an asset
– prepare layouts and material lists for production and/or bids
– assist and verify design drawings of other team members
– co-ordinate design and production paperwork based on required delivery dates
– take part in direct contact with customers/framers and general public in supporting products and/or designs
– leadership abilities to coordinate and organize design group to work as a team to accomplish required lead times for projects and bids.
Island Truss has a track record of over 30 years on Vancouver Island, our high quality products have been trusted in homes and commercial projects throughout Vancouver Island. This is a family business with an exceptional reputation, known for being knowledgeable and experienced.
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org