From the simple to most complex projects, Island Truss has been our truss provider since day one. The staff is very knowledgeable about the design process, and quick to identify any potential problems that may arise to give you a product that works. They deliver on time and produce a product that is accurate and assembles with ease. Always a pleasure working with them, Island Truss will continue to be our truss provider.Ben Labbe, Owner - Ben Labbe Construction Ltd.
Thank you for your interest in working with us at Island Truss. Please click on the email link below the position you’re applying for and attach your resume in a Word Document for consideration. We offer a competitive wage and compensation package and are currently looking to fill the following positions:
The successful candidate will be assisting in the design of roof and floor systems using wood trusses, I-Joists, and pre-engineered wood beams for residential, and commercial construction. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience preparing drawings for manufacturing.
Job duties include:
– working directly with the Sales Manager in providing required floor and roof layouts to existing and potential customers.
– developing and preparing engineering designs and drawings from completed blueprints or preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data. Co-ordinate required engineered details for customer through independent Engineering firm.
– analyzing building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports.
– prepare layouts in Mitek
– AutoCAD experience considered an asset
– prepare layouts and material lists for production and/or bids
– assist and verify design drawings of other team members
– co-ordinate design and production paperwork based on required delivery dates
– take part in direct contact with customers/framers and general public in supporting products and/or designs
– leadership abilities to coordinate and organize design group to work as a team to accomplish required lead times for projects and bids.
Island Truss has a track record of over 30 years on Vancouver Island, our high quality products have been trusted in homes and commercial projects throughout Vancouver Island. This is a family business with an exceptional reputation, known for being knowledgeable and experienced.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com